Call for Tutorial and Panel Proposals
ISCC 2018 encourages submissions for Panel or Tutorial (advanced seminars) proposals on hot research issues related to computers and communications that are well-suited to open discussion and debate. Of particular interest for this year are proposals related to ubiquitous computing, sensing and communication in the era of the Internet of Things, Edge and Fog Computing, Data Science and Big Data Analytics.
Submission Guidelines for Tutorial Proposals
Tutorial proposals should be submitted via email to the Tutorials and Panel Chairs with the subject line “ISCC 2018 Tutorial Proposal”. Submission should be at most 4 (four) pages following the conference research papers’ submission format.
Each submission should include the following information:
- The proposed Tutorial title
- The preferred duration (1.5 or 3 hours)
- An abstract
- An outline detailing the scope and depth of coverage of the targeted topics
- A short description of the intended audience
- A short biography of the proposed presenter(s), along with contact information
- If the Tutorial or an earlier version has been presented elsewhere, the proposal should indicate those respective events (and dates), and how the current proposal differs from earlier editions of the Tutorial.
Submission Guidelines for Panel Proposals
Panel proposals should be submitted via email to the Tutorial and Panel Chairs with the subject line “ISCC 2018 Panel Proposal”. Each proposal should include the title of the Panel, the names, affiliations, and brief biographies of the moderator and the panelists, and a one-page description of the content and format of the discussion.
Panels should focus on discussion and debate. We discourage formats that revolve around prepared slides and lengthy individual presentations by the panelists. Proposals should include specific examples of provocative questions to be addressed by the panel, and should clearly answer the following questions:
- Why is the topic of current interest to the ISCC community?
- Why is the topic well-suited to an open panel discussion?
- What should attendees expect to gain from the panel?
- Panel Proposal Submission: March 10, 2018, 11:59PM EST
- Tutorial Proposal Submission: March 10, 2018, 11:59PM EST
- Notification of acceptance: March 26, 2018
Tutorial and Panel Chairs
- Alex Borges Vieira, Federal University of Juiz de Fora, BR,
- Maria Fazio, Universita’ degli Studi di Messina, IT
- Massimo Villari, Universita’ degli Studi di Messina, IT
- Ugo Dias – Brasilia University – BR