Continuing the well-established tradition of this series of symposia, IEEE ISCC 2018 will provide an international technical forum for experts from industry and academia to exchange ideas and present results of ongoing research in most state-of-the-art areas of computers and communications.
The Workshops Committee of ISCC 2018 invites proposals for half or full day workshops affiliated with the conference, on topics of interest to ISCC 2018 attendees. The purpose of these workshops is to create new opportunities for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more sharply focused way than at the conference itself. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: Internet of Things; Software-Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization; Big Data; Machine Learning; Cloud, Edge, and Fog Computing; Machine to Machine communications; and Smart Grid. Workshops focused on well-defined application fields are welcome.
Papers presented at ISCC 2018 workshops will be included in the conference proceedings and submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore®.
Each Workshop proposal must include the following information:
- the name of the Workshop;
- the names, addresses, and short bios of the organizers;
- a brief description (up to one page long) of the technical issues that the Workshop’s focus will be on, and the reasons why the Workshop is of interest at this time;
- the names of potential Program Committee members;
- the planned format of the Workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively discussions and involvement of the attendees;
- if a keynote speech is included in the planned format of the Workshop, the name(s) of the potential keynote speaker(s);
- if applicable, a description of past editions of the Workshop, including dates, organizers, number of submitted and accepted papers, and number of attendees;
- if the Workshop is going to be organized for the first time, an estimate of the expected number of submissions and attendees;
- a tentative Call for Papers;
- a description of the plans for publicity and Workshop Website.
Workshop proposals should be submitted in PDF format by email with the subject line “ISCC’18 Workshop Proposal” to all Workshop Co-Chairs:
Antonio Celesti (email@example.com),
Damianos Gavalas (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville (email@example.com)
no later than Monday, January 22nd, 2018.